Grey Gardens




Edith "Big Edie" Ewing Bouvier Beale and Edith "Little Edie" Bouvier Beale, the aunt and first cousin to style icon Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis were the subject of a 1972 documentary titled "Grey Gardens" which went on to become a cult classic. The movie takes place inside the Beale's 23 room mansion in the elite Georgica Pond neighborhood of East Hampton, New York. Now, I'd never heard of the Beale women before until watching the trailer for the upcoming HBO movie based on them this weekend. I can not wait to watch the movie and learn their story and see how they fell from grace. But, until I get to watch the movie I wanted to know more about the women of Grey Gardens! Little Edie in particular. After watching the trailer and clips from the 1972 documentary about ten times I found Little Eddie crazy yes, but also very stylish! I must confess, I am totally in love with her. Of course, The Arnold knew I would be. I love everything about her. I find her fascinating. (don't you ?) I loved all the looks little Edie wore through out the movie. It was very avant garde/ bag lady haute couture. The first thing that came to mind was that's such a McQueen or Galliano look with the shaved eyebrows and head wraps. I loved it so much! I want everyone, all of my readers to watch the sad but wonderful story of the women of "Grey Gardens" April 18th on HBO.











I LOVE this clip.


xoxo
The Dealer