Balenicaga fall 2009






^^Take a closer look that shaved mink.^^
















Nicolas looked to the past for inspiration . Balenciaga fall 2009 was not what I was expecting at all. Nicolas is known for pulling the envelope with his futuristic designs. And this collection was dare I even say it very "wearable". Ghesquiere looked to the Balenciaga's archives for most of the collection's focus and inspiration. The collection was more ladies drinking tea at high noon than scf fi glam alien (well at least in Nicolas's mind) which I applaud him for. Nicolas also paid close attention to the shoulder detail like so many other designers are right now. I like the puff shoulder trend that is going on. I think the wrap dresses were Ghesquiere's strength in this collection. And that not even start with the wrap dress made of shaved mink.