Dear Summer: Skin This!



I have a small confession. I am a beauty nut. Over the past few years, I have tried almost every cream, mask, moisturizer and balm on the market (and sadly I've seen a few pesos go down the drain due to products that broke me out or just didn’t work). I completely understand the frustration of trying product after product and the result is a complete letdown, especially if you want that sunkissed glow for the summer.

So this season, before you clamor to the beaches to get that good Doutzen Kroes or Giselle glow, here are a few of my beauty secrets:




Facial Soap: Basis
Price: $2.49
My skin is really sensitive and I have bouts of acne from time to time. This soap is mild and manages to cleanse the skin without stripping it of every bit of moisture.



Moisturizer: Clinique M Protect SPF 21
Price: $22
I love it1 It’s not too greasy and not too filmy. It provides the adequate amount of UV Protection (SPF 21) you will need to get through the day and won’t dry out your face.



Aftershave Solution: Tend Skin
Price: $ 20
Men & Women can use this to smooth over razor bumps. A bit pricey (if you are under a “recession budget”), but it get’s the job done without too much sting.



Mask: Queen Helene’s Mint Julep Mask
Price: $4
My mama told me to never leave home without it and I don’t. This stuff is gold for ethnic skin. So long blemishes and breakouts, Hello radiant complexion!



Facial Scrub: St. Ive’s Apricot Scrub: Blemish and Blackhead Control
Price: $5
If you go into anyone’s bathroom medicine cabinet, you will see this orange and white tube; they're smart. To keep healthy skin, you must use this twice a week to prevent any breakouts. It’s Perfecto!



Lips: Baxter of California’s Hydro Salve Lip Balm
Price: $8
Keeps lips hydrated and kissable and has a wonderful mojito flavor.


All these items are located at either your local CVS or Sephora


Keep It Glamorous,
The Wildcard