The King Of New York



For fall 2009 Marc went back to his days as a party animal. Big hair, bigger shoulders and bright colors Marc is never afraid to bring forth his ideas. (remember that famous Perry Ellis collection) Each time I take in a Marc Jacobs collection whether its his signature label or with Louis Vuttion I always hate it. I always have to remind myself that the clothes are styled for drama and to gave the editors and buyers the maximum experience for the designer's version. Collections like Marc, CDG and Mcqueen you must take apart each look and see the pieces for the real beauty of each garment. With that being said my first thought of Fall 2009 was "oh god shoot me now Marc went 80's". But leave it to Marc to make this over done trend modern and fresh. I loved the collection especially the assocesories (those sunglasses are mine) and bright color towards the end. AND the makeup and hair was the best yet. Marc Jacobs is the king of New York period.