The Arnold's Oscars









The Arnold LOVES the Oscars! I got home late from New York, where I MISSED the Barney's sale but wound up at Saks where I found the Paul Smith sweater of my DREAMS only to learn that there was only one left in a XXL, about a half hour into the Oscars. I was GLUED to the T.V for the next few hours. I'm not a "movie person" per say but the Oscars always makes ones realize the emotion and magic that comes from movies. Plus, I felt personally invested in "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button".

My thoughts on the 81st Academy Awards and of course THE FASHION: I loved the idea of 5 actors who've won the category before presenting the awards to the acting nominees this year. It was amazing and seemed so heartfelt.

How happy are you for Kate Winslett? She's one of the greatest actresses of our time and it was her time tonight. I always love her speeches. Best moment of the night when her dad whistled to let here know where he was in the crowd!

Mickey Rourke is still scary but he didn't look all that bad in his suit tonight. And his pinky ring was everything!

Meryl Streep looked good in her Alberta Feretti!

I think halfway through the show we all knew Slumdog Millionaire was gonna take best picture.( Though I rooted for "Benjamin Button" till the end.)
And how cute were those adorable young actors from Mumbai when they did win?
The final vignette featuring all the best picture nominees was AMAZING!

Now, The Saint had it right with Marissa Tomei(WHO TOLD YOU, MARISSA?) and Natalie Portman and even Taraji P. Henson but lets not forget The Arnold's other best dressed picks.
Who told Freida Pinto in that blue John Galliano? She took a risk and while some didn't like it, The Arnold did. It was a lil nod to Bollywood, no? She's the one to watch. Mark. My. Words.

Penelope Cruz looked great in her vintage Balmain. And sorry Dealer, I liked the bang! LOL

Evan Rachel wood looked beautiful in her Elie Saab gown which I'm pretty sure was the same Elie Saab gown Angelina wore, though Rachel's was off the runway. Angelina had hers specially done in black.

Do we need to dwell on Halle Berry looking amazing in Marchesa? I mean it's Halle. It's Marchesa. You knew it was gonna be that good.

Little Vanessa Hudgens looked like a grownup in her Marchesa gown! Her and that dreamboat Zac Efron(in Dolce & Gabbana) were the second best dressed couple of the night.

Best dressed couple of the night of course was the reigning King and Queen of Hollywood: Brangelina. I mean really, both were nominated for their respective lead roles and they looked WONDERFUL. Angelina wore black Elie Saab and Brad wore a Tom Ford tux BUT who told them about the jewels? Angelina's Emerald Lorraine Schwartz earrings and ring and Brad's diamond buttons and David Yurman titanium and black pave diamond ring caught may attention right off. I was in love.

Final verdict. Best dressed woman: Penelope Cruz Best dressed man: Brad Pitt(The ring and him being Benjamin Button and my pick for best actor put him at an advantage over Hugh Jackman, Zac Efron and Daniel Craig)

There of course, were unfortunate misshaps too. Beyonce, Heidi Klum, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Jennifer Aniston's hair, Jessica Biel's dress and shoes(loved the hair and makeup though)Alicia Keys wig...but we won't dwell. We'll just go to the movies.

Stay Golden,
The Arnold