Glamour at Marchesa S/S 09




I need to find and marry a prince, lord, duke or even a baron of some small country so I can have a place and the money to wear every dress from Marchesa. Style.com said it best to describe Marchesa S/S 09 because it was truly glamour with a capital G. My god the level of the craftsmanship is impeccable. I think Marchesa falls in the super small category of "demi couture". Demi couture is an intermediate level of luxury between pret-a-porter and couture. Instead of having one garment made to the client's measurements like in haute couture demi couture will produce more than one garment with several fittings like haute couture. Designers like Nicolas Ghesquiere, Olivier Theyskens formerly for the house Rochas are the pioneers in this elite group. I wonder how many hours it took to make that amazing lilac tulle gown with the orchids on it.









photo credit:style.com

xoxo
The Dealer