wanna slice?





A few weeks back, I introduced you guys to Saleem Roberts creative director for Cherry pie swimwear. I recently had the chance to interview Salem for ADDICTED2GLAMOUR. Saleem is one of the hottest and most successful new designers out of Philadelphia. His work has been featured in many different venues and publications. His work has been presented in several collaborative fashion shows and he is a frequent collaborator with King and FHM magazines. The Team over here at ADDICTED2GLAMOUR has known Saleem and his work for many years. Hope you enjoy my interview with Mr. Cherry pie.


1. Who is your ideal client ?
I look for a woman who is GLAMOROUS, fearless. She is a woman who wears the clothes and doesn't let the clothes wear her.

2. Who or what is your inspiration?
When designing this collection I take inspiration from the future. I picture a girl from the year 2050. I take inspiration from divas like Beyonce, Diana Ross and others. I also love the GLAMOUR of studio 54.

3. So, why swimwear?
Well I wanted to take swimwear to the next level.

4. Who is your favorite designer or collection?
I love John Gallino , Bob Mackie and Zac Posen.

5. How did you get started with Cherry pie swimwear?
Well back in 2004, I was working with a Philadelphia based line called Bellegio boy and I was doing some pieces from the label and I got a lot a feedback on the swimwear pieces that I did so I decided to go into swimwear and the rest is history.

6. What trends do you love right now?
Well I love shoulder pads, sequins, big frames and half gloves.

7. Who is your ideal superstar client?
Beyonce, of course and Naomi Campbell. Also I would love to dress Diana Ross and the great Micheal Jackson.

8. Do you plan on doing menswear?
Yes

9. What store would you like to see Cherry pie swimwear sold in?
Bloomingdale's, Saks Fifth Avenue and Kitson.

10. What is the price point of the line?
Pieces can range from $100 to $350

11. Do you plan on expanding Cherry pie swimwear?
Yes! I want to do a menswear line and shoes and bags and fragrances. I want to become a brand.

12. What are the latest projects you are working on?
Well I just had some of my pieces worn in the new video for Mya and Lady Saw. I will be doing L.A fashion week in October. Also I would love to show my line at Rip the runway on BET.

13. How can anyone interested in you and Cherry pie contact you?
Well they can email me at lil5443@yahoo.com


Some pieces from Cherry Pie Swimwear.




ANTM's Tocarra on the cover of King Magazine


MTV's lala

actress Milika Haqq from the movie ATL also in King magazine


actress Elise Neal also in King magazine
Karina Smirnoff from Dancing with the Stars in FHM magazine






The Dealer